Mississippi Youth Highway Safety Program
The Mississippi Office of Highway Safety has awarded DREAM, Inc. a grant to work on statewide efforts to reduce youth highway traffic fatalities by reducing impaired driving and increasing seat belt usage. DREAM’s Mississippi Youth Highway Safety Program provides youth presentations on impaired driving and the importance of seat belts and coordinate two statewide youth conferences: Club Officer Training and Teens On the Move.
The program is funded by monies made available by NHTSA and is a partnership between the Mississippi Office of Highway Safety and DREAM, Inc
DREAM Youth Advisory Council
The DREAM Youth Advisory Council is a great way for students in grades 9-12 to develop leadership skills needed for their future and to obtain service hours needed for their college and military applications.
Youth Advisory Council Members are responsible for:
Educating their peers and younger students about the dangers of substance abuse through various activities and community events.
Acting as a role model for other students by making good decisions involving underage drinking and substance use.
Attending regularly scheduled meetings involving the Youth Advisory Council.
Assisting DREAM staff with various awareness and prevention events throughout the metro area.
- Training and Workshops
- Hinds County Senior Transitions Program
- Mississippi Tobacco-Free Coalition of Rankin, Scott and Simpson Counties
- Mississippi Underage Drinking Prevention Coalition of Madison and Rankin Counties
- Statewide Mississippi Underage Drinking Prevention Coordination
- Central Mississippi Regional Master Trainer for the Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant (SPF SIG)
- Mississippi Department of Mental Health - Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant
- Red Ribbon Week Campaign